Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship which is a one year programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. It is a scholarship offered to Master’s students. Chevening Scholarships 2023 is a one year programme as Masters degree in UK is of one year.
The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world. And you can study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university you want to.
Also read UNESCO Poland Fellowship 2023
Common Mistakes Made in Chevening Scholarship Applications that All Students Should Avoid
Let’s Look at the common errors made by past applicants that you should avoid at all cost to not make your application ineligible.
In Pre- Screen you need to answer all the eligibility questions correctly. You can only access the application form if you answer them correctly. now the mistakes made by students in Application forms are as following:
- Some students who mention in form they have dual citizenship of UK are NOT eligible for Chevening scholarship.
- Applicants should have at least 2800 hours of work experience. And if an applicant does not have the the will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Do not enter one job entry more then once.
- Not entering the correct number of weeks worked. Calculate the correct number of weeks worked and hours worked per week. Do not put a weird number like 2000 hrs. Put something more countable like 20 hrs per week.
- You cannot select the same courses in all options during application of courses in a university. For 3 options you must select three different courses in that university.
- In the declaration section please answer the questions correctly an number of questions would be asked and you have to select yes/no for them, for example if they ask you have you been employed currently….. Here you have to say No otherwise they will think you are currently employed and consider you ineligible.
- You have to write essays in your applications and the word count should not be less then what they have mentioned. Please do not write less then what they ask for in the essay questions.
- Do not copy paste in the essay question section, do not do repeat your answers. And write original answers for each question.
- Do not copy paste from previous applicants or someone else’s research paper give others credit if you use their content. As they run it through Plagiarism software.
- The form should be filled in English Language only.
When does Chevening scholarship open and its deadline?
Chevening Scholarships usually open in August each year and close in November. You can check out all the requirements of the previous year and try to prepare for the coming application beforehand to stay ahead of all the other applicants.
Most students make some mistakes that are common among most applications and these mistakes make them ineligible and hence their application is not considered based on them. Students of the previous year 2022 chevening applicants will get their results in June and they have to get accept an offer from university till July.
How long does it take for Scholarship process to Finish?
It takes approximately 8 months for Chevening scholars to be selected from all the applications.